Thursday 27 September 2012

Tarot: Your Agony Aunt In A Box


Psychics at fetes and fairs read Tarot cards to tell others their future, often in great detail. As I've said before I think this can be both blessing and curse, reassuring but also a map you can feel compelled to follow. It kind of quashes your free will, your freedom to choose another destiny when you feel locked into one already.
The rest of us non-psychic mortals can use Tarot cards for peace of mind. About the little everyday things and occasionally those big scary ones (but I'd stay well away from asking about your entire future if I was you, see note above). It's like keeping an Agony Aunt In A Box. And who wouldn't want one of those around the house? Advice peoples. We all need advice from an impartial third party from time to time. And what's more impartial than a deck of cards? Sometimes friends and family just don't cut it especially when their agendas conflict with yours.
The great thing about Tarot, the amazing incredible thing, is that it stops you lying to yourself. You might be able to tell porkies to your shrink but Tarot will never let you get away with it. You'll find the same cards turning up again and again. And if you meditate on those cards you'll discover things about yourself you never realized. Tarot prevents you from living in denial. As I've discovered for myself...
I cant deny I need a lot of time alone to process things when I regularly see the Two of Swords.
I can't deny I can be a cheapskate when I get the Four of Pentacles looking grouchily at me every couple of months or so.
I can't deny I have strong poverty consciousness when the Five of Pentacles keeps turning up.
I can't deny I have a rich life when the Nine of Pentacles frequently graces me with her lovely presence.
And I can't deny I'm a Love Zombie when The Devil keeps answering the question, 'Will my ex ever come back?'
To paraphrase the Statue of Liberty (really really badly), Tarot says, 'Give me your questions, your problems, your huddled fears yearning to feel peace.'
And if you don't understand what the cards are saying then come here to discuss it and we'll prize out the answer together. That's what this blog is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment