Monday 24 September 2012

9 Pentacles: Independent Woman!


Here is another card like the Six of Cups with a golden glow. But in this case the glow represents happiness not fantasy. How can you tell? Because the figure in the picture appears human not dwarf-like and the scene looks realistic not fairytale-land-ish.
I love love love love love this card. It's one of the few I get on a regular basis that makes me feel good about myself (sigh, so many faults and only one small lifetime to rectify them all.) This woman has made something of her life. Look at the beautiful garden she has grown, the animal she has tamed. The richness of the vineyard and the large house in the background accentuate her material success. And she looks like a class act in those clothes, right? A wealthy lady of the manor. Whenever I get this card I am reminded to be grateful for all that I have. It's so easy to get caught up in the green grass on the other side of the fence and forget how verdant your own pasture is.
The Nine of Pents can also represent someone who is happy in their own company, who doesn't mind living alone. It can refer to a man as much as a woman of course but women do tend to be the ones who are happier on their own, don't you reckon? Older women usually stay single after their partner passes while many an older man has been known to remarry in haste. I don't have a partner myself. I think that's one of the reasons this card comes up so much for me. It's the Tarot of the single parent ha ha (not that I'm really a single parent, I co-parent with my ex-husband, but you know what I mean.)
Another possibility this card can refer to is contentment with your lot. You can see why I like it, hey. Who doesn't want to feel good about the life they have created?
Ah, so many meanings for just one card. Stay tuned for my post on this topic tomorrow: Fifty Shades of Tarot.
C'mon, fess up. Are you as fond of this lovely lady as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment