Saturday 15 September 2012

Can Tarot cards be good and bad at the same time?


I've been thinking about what I said in another post about all Tarot cards having a positive and negative expression and wondering if that is really true. The cards can certainly be expressed in different ways but do they all have a good and a bad side? I thought we might explore this question a little using the Two of Swords which we looked at yesterday.
I subtitled this card: 'I don't want to think about it.' As I explained, it comes up when you're not ready to mentally explore some area of your life which is a bit of a can of worms. When you can't handle thinking about it. I would say that this is a negative expression of this card because in this situation you are being dysfunctional.
And the positive? Maybe it's when the card is trying to tell you that you don't need to deal with something right now. When it's giving you permission to withdraw from a situation because there is too much information for you to process. The problem in this case isn't with you, it's with some outside source. In this case you are the functional one.
Maybe rather than talking about positive and negative it would be better to talk about functional and non-functional expressions of each card.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment