Thursday 13 September 2012

My Tarot Bible


This is the book I have turned to again and again over the last 20 years to help me understand the messages written in the cards. It is easy to read and easy to understand. For those who can't read the small print on the photo the book is called 'The Complete Book of Tarot' and was written by Juliet Sharman-Burke, an English woman. Even though it was published a long time ago (1985) it is the best Tarot reference book I have come across so far.
I found it in one of those New Age shops that proliferate in Melbourne. I feel so lucky to live in a city which caters to many different intellectual interests. Of course, there are those who would scoff at Tarot being seen as food for the intellect but I beg to differ.
I don't necessarily agree with all the interpretations. No one ever gets everything right. (Although Juliet is pretty darn close I reckon.) But that's why I have set up this blog. So that hopefully over time a community of people interested in Tarot will gather here to discuss the cards. It takes a village to do so many things!
So please, join me for a chat. You can ask anything, say anything. You know, Tarot related, let's not get personal. Do you have a Tarot bible? Is it a book, a person or an internet site? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment