Wednesday 5 September 2012

Everyday and Lifelessons Tarot


I've never liked the phrases 'Minor Arcana' and 'Major Arcana' which are used to refer to the two types of card you find in Tarot. These terms are meaningless to a modern audience. As a writer I believe strongly that it is important for words to conjure up the things of which they speak. So I've been raking my brain to come up with more contemporary titles.
The Minor Arcana consists of cards that deal with day-to-day situations and don't have so much weight so I've decided to dub it Everyday Tarot.
The Major Arcana was harder to sum up and I'm not sure I'm happy with what I've come up with: Life Lessons Tarot. And should lifelessons be one word or two? These are the heavy cards that encapsulate a major life experience.
What would you call the Minor and Major Arcana if you could rename them?

No comments:

Post a Comment